Image Courtesy : Nehanda Radio
PB’s twisty take on the top five headlines of the day.
1. Mayawati demands probe into large deposits in bank accounts before the November 8
Such big decisions of demonetization cannot be made overnight or by one person. Tax officials should not restrict their actions against cash deposits after Nov 8th. The should probe the cash deposits made before this date also. Even RBI as asked banks to set aside deposits made from Sept 16th.
2. Cuban revolutionary leader fidel castro dies aged 90
Castro lived long enough to see a historic thaw in relations between Cuba and the United States. He was a historic figure way out of proportion to the national base in which he operated.
3. Sustaining 7-7.5% growth needs more investment: Manmohan Singh
The focus, he said, must be on proving decent employment through policy intervention. He mentioned that the GDP growth will require significant increase in investments, particularly in infrastructure, and revitalizing external trade.
4. Just how legal, or illegal, is Modi’s demonetization policy?
It is the intention of the government that every Indian should have a bank account and transact business through digital money. Instead of criticizing the govt. each one of can help this initiative if we encourage our employees to open bank accounts and receive their salaries in those accounts. It is also necessary to do cost benefit analysis of demonetization.
5. General Qamar Javed Bajwa To Replace Raheel Sharif As Pakistan Army Chief
Let us hope that this change ushers a change in the ongoing, escalating-by-the-day war frenzy on both sides. Will India see a good Samaritan in all of the army chiefs?