Image Courtesy : Brighter Kashmir
PB’s twisty take on the top five headlines of the day.
1. Sebi to look into Tata-Mistry saga for possible breach of corporate governance rules
Allegations of mistry are very grave and even if these are true to only some extant, it may impact market in a big way. It may also affect banks if loan is disbursed to TATA and its long standing reputation. Was Mistry trying to save the conglomerate?
2. PM Modi asks secretaries to analyse World Bank’s Ease of Doing Business Report
We can fool ourselves by keeping low rate of inflation and interest, but, exports are not picking up, credit growth in Banks is poor, deposit growth is not satisfactory. Real estate market is facing trouble since lack of demand. There is no significant consumer demand except on Festival days.
3. Cabinet may consider advancing Budget to February 1 tomorrow
This is to help complete the legislative process for approval of annual spending plans and tax proposals before beginning of the new financial year on April 1. With assembly elections in five states likely to be held in phases, there is a probability that this budget schedule may clash with the campaigning and polling.
4. Akhilesh Yadav Meets Governor, Uncle Shivpal Quits House
We can see Akhilesh getting bolder with his party tactics now. Will the young engineer manage to outsmart the old guards? By default the family has extended a big support to Behenji Mayawati. She will be able to consolidate her vote bank with the BJP and SP splitting.
5. Delegation Led By BJP’s Yashwant Sinha Meets Separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani
Its a futile exercise, separatists are separatists a minuscule group, they will not budge from their stated position Aazadi. Is it indeed necessary or is Sinha trying to assert his presence?