Image Courtesy : The Indian Express
PB’s twisty take on the top five headlines of the day.
1. Over 80 percent don’t mind inconvenience of demonetization, says C-Voter poll
A whopping 80-86 percent of those surveyed said the inconvenience caused by the demonetization is worth the effort of combating black money. But the catch here is, the poll did not have a “disagree” option.
2. Trump road-map leaves Indian IT edgy; analysts see up to 10% hit on bottom lines
When you neglect labour rich agriculture, textile, infrastructure, MSMEs, education, health etc, over dependent on IT you are bound face the heat. Now demonetization effect too.
3. In Cash Crunch, RBI Chief Urjit Patel ‘Missing’
Politicians around the world make empty rhetoric to kindle the passion among people to get their support. But most of them are intelligent enough not to act on it, if its impractical and listen to proper counsel. Its best to leave somethings to experts, after all RBI is an autonomous body.
4. Army Launches Massive Counter Assault On Pakistan After Soldier’s Beheading
Pakistani delegation will soon be contacting you to counter Indias move against Pakistan on International forums. Along with that politicians will pick this up to move the attention away from the financial crunch. But, this is beyond politics.
5. GST Council meeting rescheduled for December 2-3
The Council chaired by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley was expected to discuss the issue of administrative control of businesses and the model GST laws. They got everyone’s hopes up when it was predicted to be taken up sooner and dealt with faster, but this is the Indian government after all.