PB’s twisty take on the top five headlines of the day.
1. Stage set for banks to take effective action on NPAs: Arun Jaitley
The FM is only making it easier for the corrupt senior officers of the Bank to get away with crimes on the face of it. FM has stated that stage is set for action against errant borrowers.
2. Debit card breach puts a big question mark on PM Modi’s quest to go cashless
There seems to be a problem but to co relate to P M Modi’s scheme will be far too fetched. Such incidents cannot and should not be seen as reasons to stop/slowdown the country from moving to cashless transaction. Technology will provide the right solution to ensure more secure transactions.
3. Rahul Gandhi seeks to deny credit for Amethi institute to Modi govt
Gandhi’s latest attack on the government came in the wake of union minister Smriti Irani’s tour of the Congress bastion – where she unsuccessfully contested against him in the Lok Sabha election – and her charge that he cared more about a business house than the farmers of Amethi.
4. Senior SP leader asks Akhilesh to act against ‘sycophants’
The rift has been growing long since and now it seems that it cannot be contained. With Akhilesh not attending the family gathering, it adds to the problems and that of the voters who are divided between supporting the father and the son.
5. GST will lead to rise of world class consumer cos
Lot of these potential multibagger consumer product companies reside in midcaps and smallcaps indices right now. These will provide lucrative return but one need to have the right skills and temperament to gain out of them.