Image Courtesy: The Indian Express
PB’s twisty take on the top five headlines of the day.
1. Supreme Court raises series of questions in debate on Hindutva judgment
Supreme Court should reject all those cases which directly or indirectly aims at dividing the unity and integrity of our nation on the basis religion, cast etc. The populations is already fast loosing beliefs in judiciary and courts.
2. Honeytrapped? Varun Gandhi under attack over defence deals, rejects allegations
Prashant Bhushan and Yogendra Yadav now trying to gain something from nowhere. A new trouble fir BJP and Varun Gandhi on this sensitive issue of defense matter, he will be busy for now.
3. Pakistan warns of action if India breaches Indus Water Treaty
Zakaria noted that though Pakistan does not comment on media reports usually, in this case it welcomed the mediation offer. Both the countries have to come to a concensus soon as the tension will not be good if prevailed for too long.
4. Setback for Congress, Rita Bahuguna Joshi joins BJP
Though Bahuguna is not seen as a major force, her induction in the BJP will undercut Congress’s Brahmin outreach that has seen the party project former Delhi chief minister Shiela Dikshit.
5. RSS affiliates share an uneasy relationship with Modi government
There are bound to be differences between individuals as well as organisations. But as long as the national interests are upheld and borne in mind, such differences only promote democratic norms and are welcome.