Image Courtesy : www.quartz.com
PB’s twisty take on the top five headlines of the day.
1. Credit must be given to Army, PM for surgical strike: Manohar Parrikar
No government should highlight surgical attack for their own political gain. The army stays. Makes no sense in revealing information that might hold dire consequences later.
2. Centre brings draft Bill to resolve tricky issue of river water sharing
Unless you make it mandatory to follow, the other states who do not follow article 356, will bother to implement o it. So, it should be invoked with stronger guidelines.
3. ‘Lying’, ‘distasteful’, ‘sedition’: Congress, BJP continue war of words over surgical strikes
Great logic! The PM should not take credit for his direct action, but take responsibility of acts which are even remotely not connected to him. So he must not take credit for Surgical Strike directly ordered by him but must be blamed for Akhlaq, Vemula and Gau Rakshaks.
4. India, Russia likely to sign deal to produce Kamov choppers
Russia has been our all weather friend from the cold war era and towards strengthening our ties with Russia is what we must do right now. Being very clear about our relationship with Pakistan and Russia is the only bold step that can be taken.
5. Beijing is hoping Xi Jinping’s Dhaka trip shakes up Delhi, Chinese media hints
It never expected India’s diplomatic and military blitz kreig to have such huge impact.
And now with the Indo-Pak border fencing, whatever hopes China had of smuggling goods across the border are dashed. New regime of Nepal has already thumbed the nose at China.