PBs twisty take on the top five headlines of the day.
1. IT cos like TCS, Infosys, Wipro brace for the slowest topline expansion in a year
How much increment they will give to the employees, need to be seen, they lack behind most of the companies when it comes to increment.
2. PM Modi’s Saudi visit part of push to ‘de-hyphenate’ India from Pak
PM Modi must ensure Pakistan is constrained to embark on mad adventures in sending terrorists day in and day out.
The visit will be path breaking. Gesture of S. Arabia in imposing sanctions has already made the visit historic.
3. Uttarakhand High Court defers hearing of rebel MLAs’ plea to April 11
The Speaker had disqualified nine Congress MLAs under the anti-defection law hours after imposition of Presidents rule in the state on March 27,a day before the state government was scheduled to go for a floor test in the state assembly. The rebels are with the BJP. The Congress is hopeful that court will not give any relief to the rebels.
4. Opinion poll predicts hung assembly in Assam
Manta misses majority, BJP losing badly in Assam, while TN fully hung assembly and Kerala Congress actually improving their score. Hung assembly in Assam is bad news. With Assam and Kerala also getting lost for Congress only K’taka and 2 or 3 hill states of no consequence will be with Congress.
5. China defends move to block UN ban on JeM chief Masood Azhar
Ironically, the Chinese move came as President Xi Jinping, after meeting his US counterpart Barack Obama on the margins of a nuclear summit in Washington, said nations must stand united against terrorism.