Image Courtesy : indianexpress.com
PB’s twisty take on the top five headlines of the day.
1. UP becomes first state to roll out ‘Twitter Seva’, police launches 122 handles
Considering how people take to twitter immediately during any grievances, this is a smart move. And if it actually makes the process smoother, then this should be promoted well.
2. GST bill now a law, President gives assent to the constitutional amendment bill
This may help uniform pricing of all commodities including petrol everywhere in the country irrespective of national capital and proximity to production units. People will be saved from all names of tax squeezing.
3. Centre hardens stance, will not hold talks with Kashmir separatists
Every player is trying to maximize their own advantages in this situation; nobody is bothered about the people of Kashmir. Modi wants to win election after election flaunting his 56-inches policy. Hurriyat which is irrelevant is flaunting its muscle of relevance. Opposition parties are flaunting the peace muscle.
4. ‘Kejriwal told me don’t fight polls, I said goodbye’: Why Sidhu didn’t join AAP
Unfortunately Sidhu does not understand that democratic politics is about ordinary people. He knows that he is zero without BJP. The moment he leaves BJP, he will understand his limitations. The Sidhu couple will have one foot in BJP and other on an unknown land. Consequences are predictable.
5. Chaos At Amit Shah’s Surat Meet, ‘Hardik, Hardik,’ Shout Patels
Whenever a Chief minister of Patel community in Gujarat , the members of Patel community started stir against him . No Government can give reservation to them in OBC quota . Like in Haryana and Maharashtra in both cases their reservation were declared invalid by Supreme court.