Image Courtesy :Hindustan Times
PB’s twisty take on the top five headlines of the day.
1. Ayodhya’s election lollipop of Ramayan Museum
Never before has a religious event been made a servant of politics. Politicising Dussehra sets a deplorable trend and Ram Museum is a step further in the direction of polarisation on communal lines for electoral gain. Modi knows his 31% is dwindling.
2. BJP may field sons of Rajnath Singh this time
Better keep the nepotism out of the party. Rajnath Singh’s son Pankaj Singh was almost finalised. Sources say that he was all set to file his nomination the next morning, but was replaced by Vimla Batham at the eleventh hour.
3. Mayawati ridicules SP’s bid to form grand alliance
Her comments against any alliance with SP came days after Kumar, JD(U) leader and Bihar Chief Minister talked about the grand alliance of SP and BSP.
4. Government Defends NDTV India Ban, Says Criticism ‘Politically Inspired’
Govt. took action against NDTV as per law. If the channel is aggrieved, it should challenge the decision under law by appeal or in court of law. It is a ridiculous argument. You can’t claim equality in doing illegality.
5. Akhilesh, Shivpal cross swords again at SP event, Lalu tries to play peacemaker
They might as well rename all these parties as the Yadav party. No wonder even Mayawati won’t side with them now. The party’s disparities are getting out of hand.