Image Courtesy : www.business-standard.com
PB’s twisty take on the top five headlines of the day.
1. Keep GST rate at 18%, don’t defeat its purpose, urges Chidambaram in House
So you will continue to block the GST and we end up paying 35 percent tax till then? The need is to collect money from the black money holders who do not pay tax at all. It should be high and ensure all those who do not pay tax pay now in some form. Why only penalize the direct tax payers like salaried class all the time?
2. UN backtracks on role in Kashmir, says limited to LoC
More like front-tracking with clarification. Better sense prevailed over a multilateral organization that is fast losing its relevance due to its incapability to resolve issues.
3. Amit Shah Not In the Race for Gujarat CM Post, Clarifies BJP
You never know. BJP is known for springing surprise. But they also know that the hype built around Amit Shah would be thrashed in Gujarat. Just couple of days, Amit shah showed interest for CM-ship.
4. As Kejriwal Looks At Busy Campaign Season, Sisodia’s Clout ‘Set To Rise’
Sisodia will be the natural successor. notice how Sisodia is keeping out of any controversies and not picking up unnecessary fights. But one needs to ask that if there are 28 other Chief Ministers and bigger states than Delhi. Why is the media focusing on Kejriwal everyday?
5. Sonia Gandhi Returns to Delhi After Varanasi Roadshow Gets Cancelled
Obviously, Sonia has to go slow on election-exertion since she has been going through delicate health for a couple of years. It is time that the mantle is passed down in Congress party which is badly needing a tough re-charging along with all options considered.